Today we started our men’s shirts. (See what I did there? Ha.) The pattern was pretty easy – just a bunch of rectangles, really – but wrangling all three meters of fabric and getting the pieces to fit properly was a pain and a half. Then we had a practice placket session, to mitigate the potential for tears and panic when it comes time to put them in tomorrow. At least, that’s the goal.
By the end of the day I had all of my shirt pieces cut, marked, and overlocked, but before I can sew it all together I still need to cut the interfacing and wrist plackets. My goal is to have all the “bits” done by mid-morning break at 11 am, leaving plenty of time to finish making up the shirt by tomorrow evening.
Until then, here are some of my sewing samples from Friday:
Cue Pac-Man twirl-around-and-drop-dead noise.